We’re lucky at Glasshouse Salon to have a small, close-knit team of staff who are passionate about organic hair, beauty and wellbeing. We have a rare opportunity for an organised enthusiasticStylists of all levels to join the team during an exciting period of growth.
Have a read of the job description below and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and cover letter to apply. Good luck!
GLASSHOUSE SALON | Stylist
Base: Glasshouse Salon, E8 3RH
Who we are
Glasshouse Salon was established in 2013 as London’s first sustainable hair salon. We are at the forefront of the natural and organic hair and beauty industry, providing our loyal client base with cut and colour services using the most ethical and high-performing products. We believe in caring for the hair in a way that doesn’t compromise the environment. That’s why we prioritise natural ingredients, avoid harsh chemicals and minimise our ecological output wherever possible. Our brand new East London home is a destination for green beauty - we stock over 50 cult independent brands and ship worldwide via our online platform, Glasshouse Shop. Every product we stock aligns with our core values of high performance, ethical credibility and aesthetic appeal. We pride ourselves on our sustainable, transparent philosophy and strong aesthetic principles.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for creative and talented hair stylists to join the Glasshouse team. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a salon environment which practices what it preaches - we put hair condition at the forefront of everything we do and deliver modern cuts and colour in a fast-paced environment. We’d love to hear from you if:
- You are keen to get on board with an ammonia-free colour and Organic Colour Systems’ high-performing colour and care range.
- You are looking to work in a salon that minimises the use of chemicals, prioritises hair condition and cares for its staff and clients in the process.
- You are willing and open to learning new techniques and working with new products.
- You are well put-together and interested in fashion, beauty and wellbeing (we especially like people who are trend-aware, not necessarily trend-led).
- You’re a team player. We’ve worked hard to minimise any hierarchy often present in traditional salons - we like everyone to pitch in at every level.
- You can communicate confidently, giving bespoke consultations and building great relationships with clients.
What we offer
- The chance to make a real impact in a sustainable salon that is at the forefront of the natural and organic hair industry.
- A colour specialist salon that focuses on creative colour and techniques.
- Weekly training and specialised workshops.
- The opportunity to work with safer, gentler organic and natural products from the likes of Oway, Sans [Ceuticals], RMS Beauty and Ilia.
- Regular opportunities to be involved in shoots, shows and projects for our popular online magazine, Glasshouse Journal.
- Cost price on all Glasshouse Shop hair and beauty products.
- A friendly environment that prioritises team wellbeing. We are not just a professional team, but a close-knit group of individuals who operate in a positive, ethical way.
If this sounds up your street, get in touch with us via email@example.com with a copy of your CV and a cover letter.
We can’t wait to hear from you.
Glasshouse Team x