We’re lucky at Glasshouse Salon to have a small, close-knit team of staff who are passionate about organic hair, beauty and wellbeing. We have a rare opportunity for an organised and enthusiastic Part-time Receptionist to join the team when we reopen in our brand new Hackney salon in April! Have a read of the job description below and contact us at email@example.com with a CV and cover letter to apply. Good luck!
GLASSHOUSE SALON | Part-time Receptionist
Who we are
Glasshouse Salon was established in 2013 as London’s first sustainable hair salon. We are at the forefront of the natural and organic hair and beauty industry, providing our loyal client base with cut and colour services using the most ethical and high-performing products. We believe in caring for the hair in a way that doesn’t compromise the environment. That’s why we prioritise natural ingredients, avoid harsh chemicals and minimise our ecological output wherever possible. Our brand new East London home is due to open in April 2021 and is a destination for green beauty - we stock over 50 cult independent brands and ship worldwide via our online platform, Glasshouse Shop. Every product we stock aligns with our core values of high performance, ethical credibility and aesthetic appeal. We pride ourselves on our sustainable, transparent philosophy and strong aesthetic principles.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a confident and detail-orientated Part-time Receptionist to join the Glasshouse team. This is a rare opportunity to make a real mark on every aspect of the Glasshouse brand. As salon receptionist, you will be responsible for the smooth-running of the salon and the performance and wellbeing of the staff. This salon-based position requires a high level of customer service - you will have an unflappable nature and an eye for organisation. We are looking for someone who feels comfortable in a managerial position and has a natural affinity for team leading, as well as a positive, can-do attitude. A genuine interest in our core values - organic hair and beauty, wellbeing and sustainability - is also a must.
- Running the salon reception: taking bookings, answering the phone, managing the email account, greeting clients and generally assisting the team.
- Constantly maintaining high salon standards in regards to cleanliness, customer service and daily staff tasks.
- Delegating tasks and dealing with any staff concerns/requests.
- Ensuring staff remain on schedule and communicating effectively with clients.
- Assisting both the Front of House Manager and Business and Communications Manager with targets, reports, rotas and staff matters where necessary.
- Dealing with and resolving any client complaints.
- Ensuring the team feel motivated, supported and are continually maximising their potential.
- Helping manage our online store, Glasshouse Shop: packing and fulfilling customer orders and responding to customer queries.
- Maintaining an accurate stock inventory both in the salon and online at Glasshouse Shop.
- Experience working in a reception or front of house role preferred.
- Strong customer service skills including a polite phone manner and the ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure.
- Excellent written skills.
- Confidence in team management - you will have a sense of authority and responsibility.
- Excellent communication skills and a friendly, positive manner.
- An interest in organic beauty, wellbeing, fashion and sustainability.
What we offer
- An important role in a growing, independent business. This position offers plenty of opportunities to make a real mark on the business and push your ideas forward.
- Discounted price on all Glasshouse Salon products, including makeup, haircare and skincare.
- A genuine, invested interest in your wellbeing and personal growth. We are a small team who care about their staff - we pride ourselves on our personal approach and positive atmosphere.
- To be at the centre of the natural and organic hair and beauty industry in London. We are experts in our field and you will be constantly gaining a unique insight into this quickly growing market.
- Complimentary hair colours and cuts by our talented team.
Sunday: 9:45am - 6pm
If this sounds up your street, get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV and a cover letter.
We can’t wait to hear from you.
Glasshouse Team x