On cold mornings, it’s very easy for the snooze button to be hit on repeat leaving you no time for a good breakfast. That’s why we love being pre-prepared, and these vegan cookies only require two base ingredients and under half an hour prep and cook time.
You can add any extra ingredients you like; Laura added molasses, dried fruit, ginger and allspice to hers, and we love whirling in a spoonful or two of our favourite nut butter. We’ve been making a big batch of them in the evening and storing in an airtight jar, ready to grab and go in the morning.
5 ripe bananas
4 cups of oats
1. Heat oven to 180
2. Mash the bananas into a paste with a fork
3. Stir oats into the banana and mix well
4. Stir in extra ingredients if desired (eg dried or candied fruits, spices, nut butters, cacao nibs, molasses, chopped nuts, vanilla extract, coconut flakes, etc)
5. Dollop spoonfuls onto a baking sheet and flatten slightly
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes then remove from oven and leave to cool on a metal rack
Recipe via Laura’s recipes.