Inspired by the lovely weather we’ve been enjoying this week we’ve been on the lookout for a savory spring-like treat to whip up! Always a go-to for great recipes we love Lauras Sweet Miso Glazed Aubergine.
Serve as a perfect accompaniment to a big slaw or salad this recipe can be eaten straight after cooking or popped in the fridge ready for a picnic.
Sweet Miso Glazed Aubergine
The measurements are largely estimated here so feel free to adjust to your personal taste preference
4 tbsp white miso paste
1tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp agave nectar
1 tsp sriracha sauce
1 small knob of ginger (grated)
1 clove of garlic (finely chopped)
Coriander to season
Chilli flakes to season
1. Preheat the oven to 180, or gas mark 4
2. Chop aubergine in half and score in a criss cross pattern
3. Sprinkle salt onto the aubergine and rub lightly, leave for 5 minutes to draw any bitterness out of the vegetable, then rinse with water and pat dry.
4. In a bowl, mix all other ingredients (excluding cashews, corriander and chili flakes) into a paste and spread onto the cut side of the aubergine
5. Lay the aubergine, cut side up, on a baking tray and bake for around 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown
6. Toast cashews in a small pan then sprinkle, with chopped coriander and chili flakes on top
Recipe & Photography: Lauras Recipes