GLASSHOUSE SALON | Front of House Manager
Who we are
Glasshouse Salon was established in 2013 as London’s first sustainable hair salon. We are at the forefront of the natural and organic hair and beauty industry, providing our loyal client base with cut and colour services using the most ethical and high-performing products.
We believe in caring for the hair in a way that doesn’t compromise the environment. That’s why we prioritise natural ingredients, avoid harsh chemicals and minimise our ecological output wherever possible.
Our East London home is a destination for green beauty - we stock over 25 cult independent brands and ship worldwide via our online platform, Glasshouse Shop. Every product we stock aligns with our core values of high performance, ethical credibility and aesthetic appeal. We pride ourselves on our sustainable, transparent philosophy and strong aesthetic principles.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a confident, driven and detailed-orientated Front of House Manager - this is a rare opportunity to make a real mark on every aspect of the Glasshouse brand. This role is as much process based and organisational as it is managerial. We are looking for a true people person with an unflappable nature and a positive can-do attitude who thrives in a busy, client-centric space.
You are integral to the business culture and day to day running of the salon and represent the vital link between our clients and our team. As Front of House Manager, you will be responsible for the smooth-running of the salon as well as and the performance and wellbeing of our staff, embodying expert level customer service at all times. A genuine interest in our core values - organic hair and beauty, wellbeing and sustainability - is also a must.
Front of House:
- Managing the daily schedule for our team of Stylists and Assistants, working with them on to ensure each day runs smoothly and to time, managing or delegating any staff concerns/requests/queries.
- Running the salon reception: taking bookings, answering the phone, managing the email account, greeting and communicating effectively with clients.
- Constantly managing and improving high salon standards in regards to cleanliness, customer service and daily staff tasks.
- Assisting both the Director and Operations Manager with targets, reports, rotas and staff matters where necessary.
- Dealing with and resolving any client complaints - escalating where necessary.
- Leading weekly staff meetings.
- Ensuring the team feel motivated, supported and are continually maximising their potential.
- Working closely with the Part-Time Receptionist taking an active role in her development and learning. Ensuring seamless handovers between your role and hers to ensure nothing is missed.
- Managing our online store, Glasshouse Shop: packing and fulfilling customer orders and responding to customer queries.
- Maintaining an accurate stock inventory both in the salon and online at Glasshouse Shop.
- Placing orders with our suppliers and ensuring regular stock takes are undertaken across all product lines.
- Maintaining good relationships with our suppliers, introducing new launches and organising staff training.
- Uploading new brands and products online and regularly updating Glasshouse Shop with new content.
- Experience working in a reception or front of house role is preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills including a polite phone manner and the ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure across a varied array of tasks.
- Excellent written skills.
- Confidence in team management - you will have a sense of authority, responsibility and a natural affinity for team leadership. Previous experience in a managerial role is preferred. You will have significant experience in prioritising tasks and using your initiative.
- Excellent communication skills and a friendly, positive and calm manner.
- An interest in organic beauty, wellbeing, fashion and sustainability.
What we offer
- A leadership role in a growing, independent business. This position offers plenty of opportunities to make a real mark on the business and push your ideas forward.
- Discounted price on all Glasshouse Salon products, including makeup, haircare and skincare.
- Complimentary hair colours and cuts by our talented team.
- To be at the centre of the natural and organic hair and beauty industry in London. We are experts in our field and you will be constantly gaining a unique insight into this quickly growing market.
- A genuine, invested interest in your wellbeing and personal growth. We are a small team who care about their staff - we pride ourselves on our personal approach and positive atmosphere.
Tuesday: 9:45am - 5pm
Wednesday: 10:45am - 8pm
Thursday: 10:45am - 8pm
Friday: 8:45am - 6pm
Saturday: 9:45am - 6pm
£21-£24k (dependent upon experience)